No energy for life, what should I do

Posted , 4 users are following.

For the past 6 weeks, I've been having very bad nervousness/anxiety, lack of energy, increased appetite, brain fog, dizziness, frequent urination, heart racing and weakness/lethargy. I know it's a lot but it's driving me mad and pretty much taking over my life.

I have noticed that often when I eat I become very tired and weak, dizzy and I can't stand for long without feeling like I am going to pass out. For instance, I went out for dinner yesterday and ordered a pasta dish and shared a dessert - after a while, I felt so sleepy and when I got home I had to sit down because my heart was racing, I had dizziness and blurry vision and only wanted to lie down. I really want to get active and healthy but this is stopping me. Usually, I am very disciplined and motivated but this is causing me to have low moods, stress and anxiety, which influences my choices. I honestly think it's more than anxiety but nobody is really taking me seriously. I have a blood test booked but it's gonna take a while and I desperately want to know what I have to do to get some control over this.

3 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

What is your diet like? Have you been checked for vit D deficiency, also B12 and iron? 
    • Posted

I'm not sure what it might be, I tend to eat well most of the time and in moderation and I take vitamin D and B12 supplements. It could be iron. But could something as minor as a deficiency really be what's controlling my life?

• Posted

What we eat or don't eat can have an impact. Vitamin D deficiency for example can cause painful joints, fatigue and general feelings of illness. You can overdose on some vitamins/minerals too which can cause problems. Vitamin C for example just passes out if you take too much but this is not always true of others. Some Chinese medicines and also roots have been known to have a bad impact. Some products interact with medicines being taken, eg statins and grapefruit! 

• Posted

Oh wow, thank you. I never realised you could overdose on vitamins
  • Posted

I wonder if this could be diabetes? You may want to look up symptoms and see if these are similar. Good luck.🍀

• Posted

I have a bad feeling it could be too. Months ago I randomly woke up with a blister on my hip and my weight dropped. Thank you for the reply, sorry it took me a while

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.