Beginning Peri-menapause

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am 39. Part time college student, full time at home mom of a 17, 7, and 2 year old. I am just getting past an opioid addiction and now I have begun peri-menapause. The extreme PMS is killing me. The world and all in it just screeches to a halt because of my anxiety, depression, and out of control crying. This is worse than withdrawal symptoms because at least I knew those would end. Do people take hormones to help during this time? I am starting law school next year, my husband is starting up his own business right now (in addition to working full time) and we are raising three kids..... I can't live like this. And when it's at its worst, I really do feel that I don't want to live. Any advise is appreciated.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi jennifer all i can say to u is to hang in there. We all feel like this is a new feeling everyday an is nt a good feeling at all..u take care
  • Posted

Have you ever taken birth control pills? The lo lo estrin helped even out my moods and increased my functionality.  The PMS pain was almost gone and the mood swings were quarantined to a 2-3 day window. 
    • Posted

Ive been takin levothyroxine since last year for underactive thyroid and now my periods are coming every 2 weeks im 45 and at my wits end also takin citrilopram for anxiety which is through the roof with all this going of with my periods has anyone else going through this

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.