Jumpy heart

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi its me ....again 🙄 just wondered if anybody has suffered with a Jumpy and irregular heart beat since entering perimenopause ? I've had all checks and appointments with the cardiologist but they say it's possibly down to stress ? I'm on tablets to regulate the heartbeat but I sometimes still feel it flutter especially when a period ( they are getting further apart ) is due?

Would be really helpful to hear from any other lovely ladies going through the same xx

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Just saw your post. Thought I'd put my two cents worth in. I have noticed many new symptoms in the last year. Brain fog, light theadness, acid reflux, up and down emotions,digestion problems and yes, even heart palpitations. I have learned not to worry about any of these nuisances.. I just go with the flow. I hope my post has helped in some small way.

• Posted

Oh yes- the same thing happens to me every month. I thought I had heart problems, and saw the cardiologist but all the tests came back normal.

I can now see that they are settling into a monthly pattern. From the week befor my period I get palpitations and internal jitters, then they stop as soon as I come on.

My GP mentioned stress too- but if you ask me, the palps cause the stress and not vice versa!

• Posted

yes 100%, the palpitations cause the stress.  I get fed up with doctors telling me I suffer with stress and anxiety when I mention palps to them.  It is a symptom of this perimenopause/menopause, I never suffered with them or the dreaded STRESS before all this.  I wish they'd stop saying it !!

• Posted

Thats me at this point do u get d tingly cold left arm with it also? Its normal they say an yes they say stress but hw cod u b stress wen u r slpun i ask ? But tell me abt your arm if u get it
  • Posted

Hi Lynsey, I had the jumping fluttering racing skipping pounding  heart you name it I had it...normal with perimenopause, at the moment it has subsided not had for few months but as you said the more your period are further apart you will get palpatations

i had heart checks all came back normal hotflashes stop too I tell everyone as long as your not gone through the menopause well symptoms can return

I pray for the menopause to end one day we will be back to ourselves happy even if we are not hang on there girl you will be ok.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.