11 weeks post hairline fracture + 3rd degree sprain

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, so 11 weeks ago I had this really bad inversion ankle injury in a soccer game ,last week my PT told me to start jogging , so I tried , after less than 3 minutes my ankle gets really painful , and season is starting on January 24th I just want to play but my ankle can't stop hurting.... my doctor told me I had tarsal tunel syndrome so he gave a shot and told me it should be fine after 15 days the thing is it is still very painful when I try to jog, on the inside of my ankle and on the back outside part, should I go for another opinion? Is it normal to still have pain 11 weeks after the injury ? What can I do???

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

What treatment did you receive? You should have been booted for a sprain that bad! And if it was a grade 3 sprain, you shouldn't be running unless you've had the proper treatmemt which is sounds you haven't...go see an orthopedic doctor ASAP. They will be able to help you.

• Posted

Well I didn't got a boot I just used crutches for 4 weeks without weight bearing cause I couldn't, since I got injured I was going 2 days a week to PT, the thing is I'm not sure my doctor is right or if pain will go away eventually, I'm so frustrated!

Thanks for answering

• Posted

It never hurts for a second opinion. I would get a recommendation from someone like a soccer coach or elite runners and find out who they go to.

• Posted

i would go see an orthopedic dr. 

good luck

• Posted

Hi, so I had my MRI anterolateral ankle impigment syndrome, ATFL completely torn CFL and PTFL partially torn that was on February pain is still there not completely only with certain things, when i wake up i need to move my ankle otherwise is really painful to stand up and when playing soccer pain is present as well,  what should I do, I hate being in constant pain 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.