Upping dose of flouxetine

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi everyone,

i saw my dr today to see how im progressing on flu 20 mg nearly at 8 week mark

dr said i think we should try 40 mg now, i knew she would say that!

im not so sure about increasing just yet, can i take 40 mg one day then 20 the next? Should i wait till 3 month mark and see if i hit the the lightbulb moment, or am i wasting time on 20 with not much improvement on that dose.

thanks for any feedback id love some advice,

🌺🌸🌷

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

So how are you feeling now? I'm starting my 9th week on 20 and while I am getting better, im not all the way back yet. Everyday there is still a fog, but I'm going to go 10-12 weeks without changing as that is supposed to be where the light bulb comes on. I'm hesitant to change dosage after coming this far.

• Posted

I would go up to 30mg for a start then 40mg. I doubt you will have any major miracle at the 12 week mark after 8 weeks. A month is a long time to wait for something to happen because of fear of increasing. I wanted to get better as soon as possible and was asking for increases as needed. I would rather live life at 100% then at 60% because of not being fearful of side effects like most people are. If you survived the first dose of side effects you will survive them again and they were not as bad when increasing to 30mg and then 40mg.
    • Posted

Hi lookingonwards,

thanks for your reply, took extra dose now on fourth day. Feeling very low still, pain in teeth now odd! Headache now and then, funny thing is day after first 40 mg anxiety seems less! Which is a good thing!

im very grateful for your advice, im glad that you are better and through the clouds! 🌺

• Posted

You will have some side effects again and may feel a bit anxious again for a day or two in a few weeks.. but that is totally normal! The side effects are not nice but much more bearable then first starting out on this medication. The teeth hurting may be you clenching when you sleep.. the headache is perfectly normal.
  • Posted

lookingonwards - that's great advice from soneone who's been there and gotten through - thanks!  Since I'm seeing improvement and feel so close sometimes, I'm going to ride my 20mg out for 2 more weeks before I consider a change.  I'm under no illusion that a switch will be flipped, and not opposed to increasing, i just seem so close.

• Posted

Hi ron

how are you? I hope you have had some good days! Today is my 8 th day on 40 mg, my sleep doesnt seem as good last two nights. I had a horrible visit to dentist to cope with, so overy anxious dealing with that. I did notice last week anxiety seemed better, i didnt take any valium for four days.

my friend  said i look more confident, wish i felt it. My throat seems tight today with a headache.

i agree with you about the light switch, my switch may be the dimmer kind!

best wishes😉

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.