I think my boyfriend has bipolar, what should I do?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I met my boyfriend a few months ago, he was kind, loveable, just amazing then changed overnight. He says he is ill, feels tired all the time, in pain, irritable, loves me too much, he's afraid of hurting me, so dumped me. He still needs me in his life but wants to go back to being friends and doing it all again. He has lost interest in his hobbies, work, people. He suffers from nightmares too. I really want to help him, I know he needs help. What do I do?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

If He has depression, He will need to talk to His GP.

It sounds here with me, He is trying to let you down slow, I hope I am wrong.

Look at the relationship with a stoney, cold eye and decide what is best for you.

Is He using you.

BOB

• Posted

I think you're right, he knows that I'm a caring person and will never let him down. I think he's been playing me. He messaged me last night saying he's having trouble sleeping. It's always about him, he never even asked how I'm feeling. Thank you for the advice

• Posted

I'm sorry I don't want to be blunt but it doesn't sound like bipolar , depression maybe and it sounds like he's playing on your kind nature he's letting you down gently but still wants you in his life , to me that sounds like he can have the best of both worlds and that isn't fair . You deserve better

• Posted

Thank you Stacey, I think you are right, he said at the beginning I was the most caring person he has ever met. He pretends he doesn't know what the matter is. I think maybe your right he just wants the best of both worlds. He's probably met someone else and doesn't know how to tell me. He messaged me a couple of days ago, saying he's struggling to show his feelings and is trying to keep off his phone, he feels that he is using it too much. Well he hasn't been messaging me, so I'm going to try and forget about him and move on.

Thank you 

• Posted

I wish you all the best sweetheart and I hope you find someone who treats you like a princess
  • Posted

I struggled with the same thing for almost 2 years with my now ex boyfriend who is bipolar. Trust me you can not help him if he doesn't seek the help himself. Everytime we had an issue he was afraid of hurting me and wanted to end the relationship, we took one 3 week break and got back together. Just as I thought things were getting better he started to get worse, the same things over again. No intrest in doing things only if I pushed. I finally ended things and told him he needed to seek help not actually thinking he would. Turns out he is getting help and he told me he wasn't taking his meds, it was like a wake up call for him I hope he sticks with. Trust me it's easier to move on now and save the heartache. If he doesnt want help he you cant help him.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.