Need advice about headaches.

Posted , 3 users are following.

So here's a brief history on what I've been through recently.  I was complaining of headaches and dizziness so I went to an ENT who performed an MRI of my brain which came back 100% normal.  This was in October.  I've seen a neuroligist who said everything was normal and that my headaches could be tension.

The pain I'm experiencing is at the back of the head, the sides or behind my ear.  Not all the time and not in all those spots at once.  The pain comes and goes for a few seconds than goes away.

A) Does anyone else have these headaches?

B) Are they tension headaches, or could this be related to an unknow issue with my eyes?

C) What is the easiest way to get rid of these headaches?

D) Should I worry?

Thanks!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I had headaches 3,or 4 times a week and was unable to take any more Cocodamol - my GP suggested 30mg of Amitryptiline which I took for about 4-5 months ( they make you sleepy at first but this wares off ) My heafaches disappeared after a few weeks and after 5 months I came off the medication with no further headaches 
  • Posted

Hi,

I'm the same as you, get terrible headaches at the back of my head/neck area and behind my ears. Not all the time, some days I don't suffer, other days it's horrible and I feel sick and dizzy! I suffer with health anxiety so this sets that off too!

I e had an X-ray of my neck/top of spine and I have degenerative areas in my neck, age and wear and tear related. I've had my eyes tested and she did a pressure test and that was normal, my eyesight has decreased very very slightly since March 2016 but nothing to warrant new glasses etc, I do wear my glasses more often so maybe that's the cause?

I'm seeing a chiropractor on Wednesday to see if she can relieve some built up tension and see if that's causing my headaches, If that fails I'm going to ask for an MRI

Hope this helps and you feel better soon x

• Posted

Thank you!  I apprecaite the comments.  Please let me know how the chiropracter works.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.