Which side is your chosto?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Mine is right (if that is what I have) but I have read that it is more common on left.  What do folk think?

0 likes, 34 replies

34 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Mine is on the left which I've read is more common, but I got mine from heavy lifting at work and I mostly used my left side.

• Posted

We need to stop speculating and get real answers . This whatever it is is impacting the quality of my life and making me so anxious . We need to to all get answers at this point if we can . Not to mention

Those who do not

Suffer feel like it's just anxiety or just made it it's awful .

• Posted

My anxiety actually worsened after diagnosis but that was unrelated.

I can't imagine how bad my anxiety would've been if I didn't have the slight reassurance that my chest pains were muscular and not my heart.

That was my one saving grace during times of panic; just keep repeating to myself that my heart is healthy and the pains and sensations are my muscles.

The fear of not knowing is an anxious persons worst nightmare.

• Posted

Of course . So what did doctors tell you that it was ? And does it

Impact your breathing ?

• Posted

The doctor said it was costochondritis and explained it quite well. I had had it for a few months by this time so I was able to explain exactly where I felt the pain and the fact I felt pain laying/sitting in certain positions which I guess wouldn't happen with heart disease.

I also had visible swelling which again, probably won't happen with heart disease.

It did affect my breathing in the same way wearing clothes too tight or having someone rest their head on my chest would.

I could clearly breathe but it felt laboured and difficult.

• Posted

My symptoms are exactly

How you described it . So did doc say this is anytging that could cause fatal healt issues ? What can be done ? And which doc diagnosed you a general practitioner or a rheumatologist?

• Posted

Not fatal at all. Please don't worry. It's completely musculoskeletal (in your muscles and cartilage bone) so it's no different to having a sprained ankle or arthritis.

A GP diagnosed me but she also asked me about my breathing specifically because even though breathing feels difficult, unlike someone with heart disease I can actually take full breaths in and out.

Heart disease would feel like you're choking I guess and you literally cannot breathe.

My doctor told me to take ibuprofen and use muscle rubs. I didn't like the idea of taking painkillers long term so I looked up herbal and natural remedies which have helped so much.

I put slices of ginger in hot water or turmeric powder (a curry seasoning) in hot water and my pain was practically gone after 3 weeks.

Also doing stretches helped a lot.

I'm not completely healed but I'm nearly there.

I'd still say you see a doctor just to make sure.

• Posted

Thank you so much . Have a rheumatologist appoinment today. Praying I am told same thsts it's muscular etc even though I have strong suspicions that it is . My general practitioner has no clue . He is older etc he sent me for like so many tests , but am feeling a bit optimistic now . Will stay posted ! Thank you for the tips. Be well .

• Posted

It's not a well known illness so many GPs won't know. I guess I was lucky.

Good luck and stay well.

• Posted

What kind of stretches do you do? Plus I would love to try your ginger and turmeric. How much do you use? Is it something you make into a paste and rub on your chest?💖 I do deep breathing but it makes my chest sore and then affects my breathing making it tight and shallow again🙄 I very much want to get better just like everyone else so am nervous about doing things that might just make it worse,

• Posted

Using a door frame you just hold the sides and stretch against it.

I didn't measure my tea I just put roughly a teaspoon worth.

Turmeric doesn't dissolve too well so you're left with a sandy ending to your tea so too much probably wouldn't be good.

I drink ginger in a tea as well, slice some up and put in hot water. The more sliced it is the more it releases the flavour and healing qualities I think.

I would drink it with green tea also as I heard green tea is good for bones conditions like arthritis so I thought why not?

• Posted

Sometimes I'd have all three together and if you want some sweetness honey is supposed to be good for inflammations too.

• Posted

Also I'd drink about 3-5 cups of this a day, I really wanted to be healed.

• Posted

Hi I made a cup of your tea last night but used maple syrup as I had no honey. It was fine and I think it actually helped me sleep...I will have more today and buy honey. Thanks for the idea. I will also try the exercises.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.