Glue ear

Posted , 2 users are following.

I went deaf a few year back in my left ear could only hear swishing noises . Backwards and forwards to GPs. ENT after trying all steroids sprays nothing would work . Had a grommet fit also bone taken away from the back off my nose to relive pressure . After 6 month off snoring that raises the roof but by hearing was better . I've had cold and the grommet has fell out iam back to square one I could cry a river Carnt even bare to hear my self talk as my voice echoes in my head . Really bad ear ache with weeping left ear again. Is there any cure ??

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jane, balloon dilation of your eustachian tubes is what I would be looking for but it can be hard to find an ENT that performs this. Where are you from?
    • Posted

Sunderland the doctor did prescribe me with thing with a ballon you hold to your nostrils and blow . Honestly it made me worse as now it's affecting my right ear . They are constantly running with liquid . Thanks for replying .

• Posted

That's not the same thing and often sufferers don't get any relief blowing into the balloon. The procedure I think will help, inserts the balloon into the eustachian tube and is very successful. The sooner you can find someone to do this, the sooner you will hopefully know if it is the solution you are looking for. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.