Migraines

Posted , 5 users are following.

had an ablation last Wednesday ever since I've been getting zigzagging in front of my eyes followed by dull headache. I looked it up and it seems I'm not the only one.

anyone on here had the same ?.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Don't know what it is, Hotrodda, but I think I have it. I have atrial fib but I don't think your phenomonon is related to the heart. Mine is like this: I get a thing which looks like a crescent moon made of cut crystal, zigzag, in my peripheral vision and it grows and moves across my vision and disappears. Takes twenty minutes. Luckily I do not get the headache but while the visual disturbance is ongoing I think I get mildly stupid and the interference with vision makes driving unwise. I went to a neurologist who did a bunch of tests and opined that I was having migraine auras which often precede a migraine headache. I said, "but I don't get a headache", and he said, "shut up and be grateful". Questionable bedside manner. I have experienced the situation for decades with no progression in either frequency or severity. No one offered me any medicine, thank goodness. No help from me here, I admit - just a little reassurance. Be well.

• Posted

Hi thanks for taking the time to reply, I have had it before but not as frequent as this and it seems too much of a coincidence that it started the day after my ablation.

Looking on web others seem to have the same after their ablations.

• Posted

I agree it seems like a connection. I had a right sided ablation without an observable change in my symptoms, but your experience seems different. However, the upside is that the more people we learn about with these same symptoms, the easier is it to convince ourselves that there is not a smoldering voracious brain tumor chomping away at our occipital lobe.
  • Posted

Hi. If you had a cryoablation, you will get headaches after it - I know i did, big time! I understand its a combo of the after effects of the freezing plus can also be dye related, and a touch of sedative/ anaesthetic. I was advised to drinks LOTS of water to help your body flush it all out. Took about 7-10 days, but yes, had several very bad heads in that time. Lots of rest and sleep! 😊

• Posted

Sounds like Migraine. I get this, zigzags in front eyes and then a dull headache. You can still see the zigzags when the eyes are closed. Some people get a blinding headache. Best to get Migraleve tablets from chemist or doctor.

• Posted

Hi yes I had them 30 years ago but none until my ablation not freeze type. It's been 3 weeks now and still getting them at least one per day slight headache after. Had my eyes tested last week all ok.

• Posted

Snap   - I have had the same too  must be the drugs used.    I've had it quite a bit the first few days after ablation and then not for a few days but again yesterday.    You are in good company.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.