26 Days Post Op THR

Posted , 9 users are following.

Feeling much better, worked a complete 8 hours today at work. Came home swept out the garage and did the dishes. Energy level is going up!!!

2 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Good for you.That might me plenty for you today. Many feel good, overdo and pay tomorrow. Hope you have a good night.
  • Posted

That's wonderful that you feel so strong but that's a lot for one day!

• Posted

Hey really pleased for you John !

Sounds like you've turned the corner, you can see the light at the end of the tunnel now and Spring is just round the corner !

Best Wishes Ange

• Posted

I'm doing ok thanks John , for me the feeling of intense exhaustion is what seems to be holding me back though I'm 7 days post op today so guess it's normal at this stage , I'm looking forward to getting my energy levels back like you have !

Psychologicaly you will be feeling much better in yourself I'm really pleased for you .

Onwards and Upwards .

• Posted

Being exhausted at your stage is normal.  Now is the time for you to enjoy being lazy, your body is using a lot of energy to heal.  Find a good series on netflix and just sit back and enjoy.
  • Posted

Yes it has been a lot for one day, but I'm feeling better everyday and I try to do a little more each day.

• Posted

what kind of work do you do?
    • Posted

I work for a company that manufacture springs for the aerospace industry.  I pretty much look over production and outside processes to make sure orders are ontime.
  • Posted

hi john, 

cheesygrin   cool !!!   what a great recovery ...

thanks for sharing - no stopping you now !!

big warm hug

renee

• Posted

I am very determined to get back to life without pain!!  This hip has been a pain for the last 5 years.  I make sure I strech everyday and do my PT, using ice is also a hug factor.
  • Posted

Can you come around to my place? The garage could do with decluttering!
    • Posted

Haha Beth I only swept the floor but give me a few weeks and I'm sure I'll be ready to tackle your garage.

• Posted

Well done you! But remember it's still early days.Youve had a major operation.Regards Amanda

• Posted

Thanks Amanda, and yes I know it was major and I really am being careful. I listen to my body when I'm tired I rest, when I'm feeling good I push just a little harder to get better. The thing is I've always pushed myself to work hard, but this is why my hip wore out at such a young age.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.