21 weeks post op

Posted , 9 users are following.

Just want to know if my recovery is unusually fast.  I am 21 weeks post op and am biking and running.  Doing 320 lbs. on quad machine.  Just a little stiffness is all.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi, what is the secret of your success??

Lovely to hear from someone excelling expectations.

Marilyn

XX

• Posted

From speaking with lots of people, you're a bit ahead of the curve.  Pretty good for 5 months.  Stiffness will linger a while...in some people, as long as 18 months.

• Posted

Well done...pease tell me how you have done it, I am 10 months and struggle to walk but can use static bike.
  • Posted

I would say you are doing great, not sure about fast as we are all different.

Some heal better and are luckier that others.

I need to find the time for the exercise, need to ski in 2018

Good healing

• Posted

running is a bit unusual, and rather hard on the new knee. . . may cut down how long it lasts, but if it's an important part of your life,  what can you do@  I think at 21 weeks I was certainly over the pain and there was just stiffness, which is still in the thigh even after two years, so looks pretty permanent. I suppose a lot depends on lifestyle before the op, bt you are probably a bit ahead of the majority on this forum. However, I always do think that perhaps the people on this forum are not necessarily a true reflection of all TKR patients. Those who have no problems and sail through quickly are less likely to look for help on a forum, so perhaps we are a little more problematic than the majority . .who knows!  Whatever, you're doing fine 

• Posted

Thats great Chris! I'm about three weeks ahead of you and still feel I've a way to go. I can't wait to get on my bike again. I'm seventy seven..are you a tad but younger?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.