Rosacea from the Cold Weather

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone

I began getting Rosacea on my face just after Christmas.  Prior to that I have never had it before and think it must have began due to the stress of exams.  My problem is that everytime (literally) I go outside for more than a couple of minutes it flares up. It itches and burns.  It always seems to appear just on my cheeks and across the bridge of my nose, and a tiny bit on my chin.

Does anybody else find the cold causes a Rosacea flare up? If so, any suggestions? I'm back at uni next week and i'm worried that people `take the mick` out of my rashy face.

Many Thanks

Jade

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jade,

Roscea can flare up at any time mine seems to get worse with heat, have you seen a doctor he could prescribe you with a course of anti biotics that may help good luck it is a terrible problem.

Peter

• Posted

Thanks for your advide. I have been to the Doctors today and got some anti-biotics and anti-biotic cream. Hopefully they will help.

Many Thanks

Jade

• Posted

Hi Jade, unfortunatly rosacea can flare up as soon as you go outside, especially if it's cold. If your antibiotics and antibiotic don't work have you tried a natural sulphur cream? Please see Sulphur Skin Care's website for more details. Hope this helps :-) 

• Posted

Hi Jade, I am ok in the cold its when i get home and the heat hits me my face flares up pretty bad you can get down with this problem never ending interested in the sulphur cream though even when i put aveeno on now it makes my face go red.

• Posted

I have mild redness all over my face and adding dermalmd rosacea serum to my skin care routine has made a notable difference. I have sensitive skin and am prone to breakouts and dermalmd serum worked beautifully. It wasn't too heavy or fragrant.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.