Anal Fissure cream

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was given an expensive compound cream for my fissures. Has anyone used this cream or know the likelyhood that it works. I want so bad to ride my bike again and just cant.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Joyce7777

This sounds like the compound cream the doctor prescribed for me back before I had my surgery in 2014.  All it did for me, was give me some relief, no cure!    If you want to be free of pain, riding your bike again will not help.   My surgery was successful, but I would advise anyone who ever suffered from fissures to take great care, as they can come back.   

• Posted

I was just diagnosed last week and given the cream. But if things dont work I may have to have surgery but am afraid of that whole incontinence thing
    • Posted

Joyce7777

I've had no incontinence since my surgery.  Best wishes to you.

• Posted

Well, that is sure good to know. Still scares me that it is a possibility.

• Posted

I was never given a compound, but tried all sorts of things. I still have occasional flare-ups, but they're not as intense and don't last that long. It seems that drinking more water and eating more fiber is what has helped me the most. I also take a peri-cola even stool softener every day. Hope you find relief soon.

• Posted

SORRY that should have said peri-colace stool softener.
    • Posted

Could you recommend some brands please. I've heard some are better at others at just keeping your stools soft than others

• Posted

Hi Joyce,

I have been dealing with fissures for about 9 months. I had surgery scheduled 2 times and they fell through for one reason or another and I thought that was a sign to not get the surgery. I have tried everything in the book of natural healing to the best of my ability and sometimes I do feel less pain and better but not completely

healed. I am wondering how long you waited before getting the surgery? If you don't mind could you describe the surgery experience and the length of your recovery? Thanks so much in advance! 

• Posted

Sorry, that was Karen that had the surgery. I am trying to avoid it if I can. I am looking for the name of the cream that Tonya mentioned.Thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.