Any idea what this lump is and should I be worried....

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have a lump on the side of my tongue I've had it for about 3 weeks about a week ago my tongue also dented above the lump.. It's slightly sore.. It's not an ulcer and is the same colour as my tongue strangely enough a few months ago I noticed a swelling under my tongue on the same side floor of mouth and a lump keeps appearing disappearing there also... Any help would be great as any time I google lump on tongue it brings up cancer and I was wondering if anyone knows more...

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Emma, don't wait go and check. It can be anything but it's your face! !! Be wise.

Blessings

Let me know.

• Posted

Why haven't you seen a doctor? We can not give you a diagnosis on this site, merely support patients who have been diagnosed by a medical professional. You're obviously concerned about this lump so get yourself to your doctor and let him give you a diagnosis or referral. You'll feel a lot better when you know what you're dealing with. Good luck.

• Posted

I really think a cancerous mass wouldn't just vanish and then come back and then just go away again,people do radiotherapy to shrink a tumour a little bit but yours doesn't seem like a mouth cancer ,but you do have to show it to a doctor.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.