Hard breast lump... Should I be worried?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone, I'm 16 and I recently (over a week ago) think I've found a little hard lump in my right breast side (which doesn't hurt, but I do get a really uncomfortable feeling a lump is moving below my chest when I jump or rush down the stairs). I can't see the lump, but I can feel it when I press down. I'm really anxious because what websites would call a " cause for concern" or cancer is a hard lump that is immovable or attached to the chest... As well as being painless. I'm super stressed out, and I haven't seen my doc yet-because my mother says it's nothing-but I can't stop feeling nervous about it. Have any of you experienced anything similar and had the lump turn out benign?

Thank you!

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Please see your doctor as soon as possible.  With all due respect, your mother isn't a physician (unless she is) and you should get a professional opinion.

• Posted

Do go to see your doctor. ALL lumps in the breast should be checked out by a professional,whatever age you are. If you are in UK you dont have to have a parent with you to make an appt and see the doctor,you are old enough to know your own body.  If you prefer to be seen by a woman doctor then do say so.  Dont worry,I'm sure it will turn out OK.

• Posted

Forgot to say my own daughter had a similar lump at 18. It was OK and disappeared after a week or so.
    • Posted

Ok, thank you very much for the info! I don't live in the UK but I'm sure my Mom will understand and take me to see my doc.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.