nightmares about being small and pressure

Posted , 2 users are following.

Last night I had a very bad nightmare. And the nightmare has followed me since my childhood. It starts by feeling small and the world is so bigger than me then I feel like I'm getting bolder : my hand is so big then I throw something that gets bigger and bigger until I feel like it's ok and I don't see it anymore then the world turns upside down like the gravity is changed  and something is going to crush me thenmy heart starts beating and I start to run then I wake up and can't sleep for 2h. Why is that happening and it's really disturbing.

(this happens when I'm sick)

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Can anyone help rapidly 
  • Posted

I suspect you're still quite young. What you're describing is mild delirium due to a slightly raised temperature. (I note you say it happens when you're sick.) I distinctly remember having these sensations during dreams, and sometimes even before I fell asleep, as a child whenever I had a fever. This persisted into my early 20s and can even happen now (at age 72!) if I'm unwell. These days, I always take it as a sign I have a fever.

I know it's unpleasant and scary, but it's completely harmless and will wear off with age. Try not to worry about it. Nothing will happen to you as a result.

• Posted

thank you now I feel a bit better and this dream stopped 

• Posted

I'm glad to hear that. These dreams, which are quite common and completely harmless, may come back from time to time, especially if you have a cold, for instance. But don't let them bother you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.