Esa query

Posted , 4 users are following.

Im in support group esa till 2018.

Ive just noticed people talking about f2f what does it mean.

And also there some new law coming in regarding exclusions on esa reassesment.

Does this mean if your in support group and on pip for your mobility you wont get reassesed i havent got a clue whats going on

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

f2f mean face to face assessment. No it doesn't mean you won't get reassesed. PIP and ESA are 2 completely different benefits. As for the exclusions for reassesment, as far i know there's nothing definite it's just something that was mentioned a few months ago. I'm also in the Support Group and was reassesed in July last year. Didn't need an assessment as decision was paper based to keep me in the group. They'll send you another ESA50 when the time comes. When they do just treat it as first time applying. Until then just relax.

• Posted

Hi Denise.

Just read your post. I think I understand the basics of ESA support group.i too had a f2f in June/July after I filled in e50 form. That was after 5 years of being on incapacity benefit. With no f2f. What I don't know is who the scrapping of f2f applies to later this year.(April I think). You said of yourself yours was paper based. Do you know why that was? I'm confused as I know lots of folk were told to fill in form and like me attend f2f. Will it mean now I've filled in their form AND attended f2f I won't have to go for f2f again like they stipulated last year and just fill form in? Is that what a paper based decision is. Just filling in the E50 form they read it and make a decision there and then?

Sorry bout length of post. Much confused Ian. (Hope my questions make sense). Thanks in advance for any info from anyone else also.

• Posted

Well don't know what s going to happen. I thought once you were in the support group that was it Iam on esa as well so hopefully people won't be reassessed as my health has deteriated thanks for your reply keep me posted please thank you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.