Am i starting menopause?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Im 48. Bloated, achy hips and tops of legs. Periods still regular but not as heavy. Niggly aches after period finished. Light flushing. Sometimes uncomfortable tummy ache. I'm imagining all sorts of things that maybe wrong. Very forgetful .....and the list goes on. Have docs appt tomorrow. Worried sick that it's something more serious .

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

I am 43 and you sound very much like me only I can add a bit more 😉

You can go and ask for the blood test.

Good luck

• Posted

Been to docs today. She says it's start of menopause. Had a feel around "downstairs " and found lump in my womb. So off for a scan I go. Hopefully just a fibroid. So now I'm even more worried!!!

• Posted

Hi Lisa, at least you're in a safe hands. Think positive. When the results ?

Don't Google!

Blessings

• Posted

Just waiting for appt date. She said most prob a fibroid. Fingers crossed!!

• Posted

Googling worst thing......before u know it u need ur left leg amputating!!! Lol u still worry though.
    • Posted

I'll second that 100%!!! Don't Google!! No computer can diagnose an individual - they'll just throw up the most sensational diagnoses and drive you crazy!! I can vouch for this from personal experience.

You're in good 'human' hands that are treating YOU - not giving widespread information to the masses.

• Posted

Scan today. Fibroids and cyst. have to have bloodtest, gyn appt then another scan to see if anything changed .
  • Posted

Don't be scared your not alone, I have the same  symptoms and even more.

• Posted

Hi Lisa. You have come to the right place for support. I would be curled up in the fetal position somewhere without these ladies helping me through this transition. Just knowing you are not alone is huge.

Keep us updated! I have the achy hips and tops of legs also. I am having US soon as well. Thinking maybe endometriosis. Hope you feel better ((hugs))

• Posted

Doc suspects fibroid so fingers and everything else crossed. Haven't told kids. I know they will only worry. It's nice to have support on this site. Reading other people's comments kind of puts me at ease.....a little. I can't help but worry though. What us women have to go through!!!!

• Posted

Scan today. Fibroids and cyst. Got to have bloodtest , gyn appt then another scan to see if anything changed. X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.