Scarred I'm losing my memory

Posted , 4 users are following.

This past month I have been very forgetful. I don't know how to describe if but it's like my mind will go blank and I won't remember soemthign I was going to do or something I was going to say. It feels it's happening more often now then before. I suffer from anxiety to so I don't know if I'm blowing it out of proportion or what. I don't take any medications for my anxiety. If anyone is going through this to and has any tips I'd gladly appreciate. Thank you.

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Sorry to hear about this, Hannah. Unfortunately there's not really enough information in your post for anyone to help very much, except for the fact that you suffer from anxiety. It's very common for anxiety sufferers to have memory problems.

You don't say how old you are. Obviously, we all start getting more forgetful beyond a certain age.

You also don't say whether you've seen a doctor about your problem. Discussing all this with your doctor might set your mind at rest.

• Posted

I am 14 years old. I get very forgetful when thinking of something to do or to tell someone. It's really frustrating because I don't know if this is a new symptom or it's just something that always been there and I just realized it. I do know anxiety can cause memory promblems but to what extent? I have not seen a doctor yet. I posted this to get some advice if I should see one or not. It is like my mind goes blank and I can't think of whatever I just had in mind. And with my anxiety it's got me thinking I'm going to lose my memory or other theory's that probably aren't true. I'd like your feedback and I appreciate you commenting. Thank you

• Posted

Your way too young to be losing your memory.

It could be that your nervous about something or not getting enough good sleep. You might benefit from B vitamins.

But if it will make you feel better talk to a doctor. But the chances that you have any 'condition' that would effect memory at your age is next to nil.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.