Change in medication

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all,

Had to visit GP last night, pain and stiffness was horrendous. As we all know to well, no one day is the same for us, but I just feel that these never ending symptoms are getting worse

Docs tell us it's not progressive, I beg to differ. What do you guys think?

Anyways, I went to docs and had gone armoured with some new meds that I'd heard of for fibromyalgia. Baclofen (muscle stiffness) and tapentadol (painkiller). The doc agreed for me to try them in place of gabapentin and tramadol

So here we are day 1 and hoping!!

I shall keep you informed.

Warm hugs

X

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Don't know about the meds. Please keep us informed if they work.

• Posted

Hey Hun hope your ok

I've just been given oramorph and napraxen plus I already take zapain pregabalin and ametriptolin

I've had that tapentadol but it did sweet f all tramadol also does nothing ! This pain is so horrible and just varies so much ! I've also been told I have Me ! And I have to take my iron three times a day until I have my full hysterectomy which I'm dreading 😟

Any way hope it works for you ! Keep us updated

Hugs sadie x

• Posted

Hi,

I'm on day 2 of these new meds, I must say I have had a blinding headache since. I do suffer very frequent headaches so hard to tell if meds or a CFS/ME flare. Had consultation yesterday about bilateral CTS treatment, they want to operate but I'm still very unsure as hear that people with fibro may not be successful, anyone know anything more about this please! I also suffer with extreme neck pain, MRI confirmed nerve entrapment in c5,6&7 so it could even be related to that aswell.

Sadi, I found tramadol didn't even touch any pain, all gabapentin did for me was gain 3 stones which I am now battling to get rid off😣

X

• Posted

Hey Hun

I must say I've put in 2 stone but I've managed to loose 8 lb so far so wanting to loose another stone if pos especially before my op!

What is that cts treatmebt Hun ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.