Is anyone else on just 25 mgs?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hey guys,

I am on 25 mgs and started about 2 weeks ago. The side effects have finally cleared and I'm really feeling better. The doctor said if 25 mgs is working for me, let's stay there... the lower dose the better.

I'm wondering if anyone else has had success at 25 mgs?

0 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Sarah, yes I am around 7 weeks. I do feel much better but nowadays I've couple of day when I feel weird things but I don't have those terrible physical symptoms I've had before Sertaline. I take it fir anxiety.

• Posted

Sorry I just read that you said you already feel better smile That sounds great !!!

You're taking it for anxiety or depression?

• Posted

Both- but anxiety is more dominant. I was having panic attacks and debilitating anxiety. I am definitely through the side effects (subsided around 10 days) but I am not as anxious and starting to feel the effects of the medicine. I think 25 mgs will work fine for me-- at least for a while.

How about you? Anxiety? Depression?

• Posted

So many thing happened last year and one day I woke up shaking, diarrhea, feeling weak, muscle crunch .... was horrible... I didn't know what's going on... my heart was racing. I thought I'll die :-(

And then my mum passed away and the nightmare ( physical symptoms) continued :-(

Panic attack, terrible diarrhea, zero appetite....

doctors said its anxiety. I was scared to take the medication so I did started with 1/4 and now (7 weeks ) 1/2 ( 25 mg ). I do feel better so hopefully I don't need to go up. But will see. I know it's early days I have tonne patience but sometimes hard.

What was your symptoms? x

• Posted

I had racing heart, disassociation with the world (I could be in my living room and not know where I was), fear of losing my mind, rapid breathing... horrifying.

I also would go through weeks of time where my anxiety would cause me to have looping and intrusive thoughts-- and I would just be in constant fear of a panic attack.

I'm sorry to hear about all you have gone through. I wish you happiness and peace. I know you will find it.

• Posted

And the medication seemed to make my anxiety worse for the first 10 days... more constant. But since then, it's gone away.

• Posted

I thought I am the only one who's body "playing " like that :-(

Hope the 25 mg is working for us and we can start a normal life again !

I wish you all the best x

• Posted

Hi Sarah. I was on 50 mg for a month and felt horrendous so rather than give up and try something else or increase the dose like the Doctor suggested. I started to half my dose and take 25 mg late morning. It has been nearly a year now and it has helped so much. I still have issues but I cope so much better and no longer feel suicidal. Doctors should take note that may decreasing is the answer not increasing. Also we wont have the horrendous battle of extreme withdrwael when perhaps we do decide to go with out.! x
    • Posted

Gemma, thanks for your response! I'm so glad it's working for you-- I feel like it's working for me to- no desire to increase my dose!

Good luck to you smile

• Posted

I realised that before my period I feel little but weird again and muscles crunch comes back a little bit. Hope it's only hormones.... The last couple of days I am thinking I might need higher dose.

• Posted

Whatever works for you! I'm pregnant and due in 10 days… So keeping the lowest dose possible is good for me and the baby… Who knows how I'll feel once the babies born and my harm owns go crazy…

• Posted

I am planning to get pregnant hope it happens soon. But I am worried of course....

I didn't know hormones makes you feel worse .... 😮

How do you feel during pregnancy? X

• Posted

Well, truth is.. It depends on the pregnancy!  This is my second.  In my first pregnancy I didnt have ANY anxiety at all-- I did develop postpartum anxiety and depression after delivery tho-- but it was a mild case.

This pregnancy has been the total opposite.  I had anxiety from the beginning-- But I managed to get through the first trimester without any medication.  However, at 33 weeks I developed panic disorder and there is no way to know why exactly it developed when it did... Hormones certainly can play a role but just no way to know!  But I had to get on medication immediately bc the stress was not good for the baby.  

I really am feeling almost completely normal now.  Ive been on the medication for 4 weeks today and it seems all my side effects have gone and I feel like me again!  

I have a few friends that have stayed on zoloft their entire pregnancies and have healthy, lovely tots.  So, just talk to your doctor when you start to try!  You will decide whats best for you!

Good luck and if you have ANY questions about pregnancy and antidepressants, feel free to message me smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.