10 Weeks Post Op TAH and Fed Up

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm 10 weeks in and feel no further forward from 6 week mark, I'm bloated, exhausted angry, low and frustrated.... I thought I would bounce back... I just want to feel myself :-( I'm due back at work in two weeks and really want to return but my body has other ideas :-( sorry for moaning just fed up!

Hubby keeps telling me everyone heals differently some of you on here 6 weeks and back to normal I'm looking at 4 months easily! X

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

It's a hard recovery. My TAH wasn't my first surgery so I was shocked at how long this process takes. I'm now eight months out & still dealing with many of the same issues. My doctor very kindly told me that TAH is a massive surgery requiring lots of internal healing and not to judge this recovery on any previous experiences. So, I've learned to give myself permission to take it slow.

• Posted

Hi Karen I'm 6 weeks since my TAH and feel the same as you. Just want to feel.normal again. Some days I get up and feel great and think I can take on the world the next day I feel like I'm back to square one. So frustrating. At the moment I'm suffering severe nausea for the last 2 days. I've had 3 lots of anti biotics since the op because of infections. Can't believe some people are back to normal after 6 weeks I feel I'm nowhere near and getting very bored and frustrated .

• Posted

Oh it's a nightmare I'm 12 Weeks this Friday and I'm back to work next week I now have nerve damage :-( that's why I'm in so much pain I'm having to take muscle relaxant which makes me feel like I've had several bottles of wine in the morning the joys!! Get better soon Hun your not on your own xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.