Loss of Appetite and GI issues

Posted , 3 users are following.

Just wondering if anyone else has completely lossed their appetite for weeks with this virus?

I have to force myself to eat.

Please offer any suggestions to help with increasing apetite and ways to gain weight.

Thanks, Rhonda

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Sorry it's only me again Rhonda and not someone else...

If it's any reassurance I do think that you can lose your appetite with the virus, your body just doesn't feel like itself and all sorts of weird and unpleasant symptoms within the stomach and chest and digestive areas certainly make it very possible for this to be the case I'd say.

My best thought would be on continued uptake of vitamins to help with a healthy weight, amino acids definitely good for making sure you have protein in your body, taking this alongside a good strong multi-vitamin can hopefully help - but of course I'm no expert and happy to hear other folk's thoughts on this!

Craig

• Posted

Hello Rhonda and I have been tking Metatone before meals seems to help. It has vitamins in as well and maybe try Actimel as these help settle the gut & again have vitamin B & D in them.

I suffer from when I do too mcuh and the doctor tday prescribd me Losec Mups. As Craig says seems GF plays merry havoc with your stomach/guts area.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.