Blood work results

Posted , 2 users are following.

So this is my first time ever seeing a GFR report on my lab work.  After some reading I didn't think it was important but I thought I'd ask.

I have seen frothy urine in the past but only a couple times.

The GFR is 64, Bun/Cre is high at 22.2, and I have both rbc +2 and wbc +12, in my urine with 1+ bacteria, and a trace of leukocytes.  They were testing me for lupus which one of the tests came back positive.  I am 60 yrs old.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hello,

Your GFR is ok at 64 this declines as we get older anyway.  Your creatinine is high it would be 222 in the uk.  Your creatinine could be high if you have lupus, or it could be as a result of a medication if you are taking any? Some meds make creatinine rise you see so it is worth looking into or it could be due to the bacteria as you could have an infection this would affected GFR and creatinine.  I hope this helps a little.

• Posted

So the rbc's or the wbc's are immaterial?  I know the rbc value is very small but wasn't sure about the wbc count.

• Posted

Hi,

If your WBC is 12+ then if you were in the UK that would be classed as good, they don't do anything here unless it drops below 10 and then it is monitired more closely.

• Posted

Sorry Helen, the wbc's and the rbc's are in my urine.  biggrin

• Posted

Ah you see, wbc is your white blood count here in the UK so things are reported differently.  i wouldn't want to advise on something that is different from the meaning I know it. I would ask your doctor for a more detailed explanation they should be happy to go through it with you.

• Posted

Thanks Helen..for replying.  I appreciate it.

Cheryl

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.