husband

Posted , 6 users are following.

my husband found out today he has prostate cancer, is it normal or the dr to have the bladder tested also

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I don't know - but surely the more tests the better as long as they don't make anything worse!

Hope it's either a very slow PCa like mine - not needing treatment -, or that a good treatment is offered that you can have confidence in. Best of luck to both of you. This must be a very worrying time for you..  

• Posted

I didn't have my bladder tested but some doctors perform different test I wish your husband the best it's a tough road I my self have it I would consult his doctor as the reason why the test is needed my prayers go out to all that have it

• Posted

A low PEa is good unfortunately it's not like that for most of us it can come in many ways my biopsy came back very agressive it's a time when a marriage is out to the test stay strong for each other being supportive helps a great deal

• Posted

Any testing by a physican, what ever might be is considered normal. I would not worry about the testing. Sorry about the cancer, just remember DON't pancic, your husband has time to sort all this out.

• Posted

Hi Louise, Sorry to hear your husband has been diagnosed with Prostate cancer. The testing of the bladder may depend on what stage the prostate cancer your husband has. Can you tell us a little more. Why did he go to a doctor to get tested for prostate cancer? was it a PSA test result that caused him to have a biopsy? Has he had previous PSA tests? From the biopsy results, do you know what Gleason score he was given and did he ever have a MRI.

Geoff

• Posted

Yes i had mines done he also check uthea it was part of my doctors protocol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.