Effexor 75mg for 14days and feel awful and wanna quit need advice

Posted , 2 users are following.

I been taking Effexor 75mg Xr capsules for 14days. prior to starting I was 20mg leakpro at my last appointment two week ago she had me cut lexapro in half for 5 days and take it with Effexor I felt like crap on lexapro but nothing compares to this. I wondering how the therapist can give this to people and don't warn them about possible side affect like rasing my already high blood pressure and I told her I had it also I had some stomach bleeding.. But I would like to know how to Safely stop maybe u have done it obviously it better to see doc I know. And I would ask my doctor or therapist but they both dropped me because no insurance about week ago I had no idea. I really don't know were to turn and my local emergency require a200 dollar pay and usually visit there end to be 5k once your done there I don't know what to do. So I ask here what would u guys do . Would u go cold turkey or maybe

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Effexor can be given to patients with high blood pressure only if the patient is carefully monitored. What usually happens is that blood pressure is temporarily slightly raised and then evens out towards the 4th - 6th week. However, you would need to closely watch it and take your normal BP medication as prescribed by doctor (provided you are treating your BP condition?)

If you were on 75mg for only 14 days you should be able to withdraw relatively easily as you have not yet reached peak concentration levels and your system is not yet relying on the drug.

You should ideally go down to 37.5 for at least a week, then take one every other day for a week and stop. However, you will not be covered for your initial condition if you stop Effexor and do not get a replacement drug. This could cause your symptoms to worsen and could spiral to much more dangerous conditions than the original complaint. Are you treated for anxiety or any kind of severe depression? Have you ever been suicidal?

Is there any way to be seen by any doctor who can help?

What was wrong with Lexapro?

• Posted

Hi thank your for replying. I do take linsiopril 20/25 for my blood pressure . I was on avitan 2mg for anxiety and panic for the longest time i ran out last Thursday and now I'm suffering with that to . It been rough I cannot lie without the benzodiazepines .I have never really been suidical. I'm more afraid of dieing than anything. It been a sickness I carried with me since I was a child because of unfortunate events. . I been reading the other post on here I was thinking maybe it worth sticking it out For 6 to 8 weeks . Because 75mg isn't as high of a dose from what I have read. And some people do have success with it. Lexapro I took for 4 months never felt better seek more depressed. So my therapist switch me to Effexor 75xr capsules.

• Posted

Uugh...you are withdrawing from too many things as it is: benzos, lexapro and about to embark on cutting ven...could get nasty. Any chance at all to be seen by a doctor you don't have to pay?

• Posted

I spoke with my doctor and I'm going continue the Effexor 75mg I'm not going to stop I'm already dealing with enough like u said thank u for advice

• Posted

yes if possible for you, that would be the safest way forward, at least until the other withdrawals upheaval settles. Effexor is a potent medication with lots of good and bad sides. But worth a try since you are already on it.

Good luck. Let us know how it goes!

• Posted

I will definitely keep u guys posted hopefully it will be the one for me .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.