Feeling extremely anxious.

Posted , 3 users are following.

My right side feels all numb and achy, from my ovary to my kidney, got wiered tingling almost week feeling in my right leg also. they said it could be kidney stone but I dont think so. had bloods done but came back abnormal. I do have Hypothyroidism also so could be that. I feel sick with worry that it could be something else. x

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I just learned I have large ovarian cysts. My pain is very sharp and increased quickly over a week. While it isn't constant, it continues to be more frequent.

Based on all that I have read, yours doesn't sound like a cyst with location and type of pain. The tingling and weakness are scary and I would suggest go back to the doctor or see a different doctor.

I had friends telling me I had gas pains and WE know our bodies. You know something isn't right but also don't agree with what they have said. Sounds like we should both make another apppintment.

Good luck and hope you feel better.💚

• Posted

Yeah maybe not now as had blood test done and think they are alright. But still feels like that area. goining for a scan on Monday so hopefully does'nt show up anything horrid. so nervous as it does'nt feel right. x

• Posted

Do you also have an odd burning sensation? (sometimes people claim this as a feeling of numbness) I recently had an ovarian cyst rupture and had this pain. The hot sensation and tingling went all the way through my thighs (especially the backside) and at times it feels like my legs could give out. This is from free fluid in the pelvis pushing on the sciatic nerve. The hot sensation wraps from the front to my lower back and at times rises a bit higher to the area of my kidneys. Before the rupture I had intense pain under my ribs on the right side. I had many tests done (ct scan, ultrasounds, bloodwork..) and in two months I'd made 4 trips to the ER always getting discharged with "unknown abdominal pain" Not until the cyst ruptured was when I started getting the tingling in my thighs. They thought it was kidney stones, gallbladder, my intestines, IBS and more. I would get a transvaginal ultrasound as soon as possible. You may have a cyst or have had a cyst rupture. From what I hear and read that everyone deals with the pain and healing process differently. And most of the time the pain is in the wrong area so doctors think it's gastrointestinal problems. I understand just how scary this can be, I've been living in fear not knowing what is causing my pain since November 15th. I've now had a second trans vaginal ultrasound because after the rupture I still have intervals of pain, which at times feels like my stomach or back is bruised and very tender to the touch. The pain seems to move around and gets worse when I eat or have gas. All this discomfort is due to having such a cramped area and now with that added fluid it starts to push on nerves and irritate internal organs. Which I'm told is safe, but can feel like something very dangerous is going on! I hope you figure out what is causing your pain and don't let doctors try to tell you you're ok. Push for that transvaginal ultrasound, it's what I had to do after getting a HIDA scan, CT scan, numerous pelvic exams (all on the outside), and then a colonoscopy and endoscopy at the same time! I hope to hear back from you. You're in my thoughts. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.