my abcess has taken complete control of my life.... help!!!!!

Posted , 4 users are following.

About a week ago I was admitted to the ER with what they referred to as an "abcess" on the inside of my upper thigh. The lump was as big as a golf ball, red, hard and it hurt like hell!! It was at the point where I could hardly walk. The doctors in the ER gave me a sonogram then insisted that I have insition and drainage done. I have a severe aniexty disorder especially when it comes to my health, which made the surgery horrible!!! I had to take various aniexty meds before the surgery and they still barely calmed me down!! They stuck a needle in me to numb the pain and it was the worst pain i've ever experienced in my life! Fortunately after they stuck the needle in the pain went away and all I felt the rest of the operation was pressure. After it was over they packed the wound and told me to return to the ER three days later to have the packing changed. Things have not been good since I left the hospital. I'm a freshmen in college and I was eager to start my second semester today but the doctors said it wouldn't be wise for me to move in yet. I can't shower with the packing in my leg and i'm somebody who cares a lot about my hygiene,

I feel disgusting!!! I also have pretty bad acne which has gotten worse from this! i can't leave the house because of the severe pain i'm in and I'm extremely nervous to get the packing removed and replaced tomorrow!!! If anybody has experienced anything similar to this any help is needed!! I feel like nobody understands what I'm going through and how miserable I am! I feel like this has taken over my life and it's not a good feeling!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Your body has inflammation. Start taking Turmic and start eating clean. Drink lots of water and no more sugar drinks. That will clear up your acne. Also a cause of this abscess could be shaving in that area. Do these things to prevent future abscess or other problems. I'm going through something similar but worse. I wished I change my ways where your at. Good luck.

• Posted

Thank you so much for your help jeff. I'm very cautious about my weight I workout often and have always tried to keep a healthy diet by cutting out sugary drinks, unfortunately I think accutane is the only way to go for my acne. I'm so sorry to hear that you're going through something much worse! I'm having so much trouble with my little problem I can't imagine what something worse must feel like! Good luck with everything and I wish you a speedy recovery!!

• Posted

Yikes, well that feeling of being alone I can certainly relate to, but trust me on here people know exactly what you are going through. It is scary, it is gross and it is painful. I personally had an anal abcess!! So painful and really hard to deal with. My first time at a surgeon I was in excruciating pain and was cut and drained on all fours with my bum in the air. I was screaming and crying. 8 weeks later it came back, I had a second drainage under anesthesia, then due to a common complication 6 weeks later a surgery called a fistulatomy were they cut open your bum and lay it open so I can heal from the inside out. Now, 13 weeks later I am finally on the mend. Anyway, my story has been a real bummer - but there are so many people on here who have dealt with way more than I have!! When I would get down during this process, I would just remember that I have a treatable condition. It could be worse, because I could have a debilitating life long disease or even something fatal. Follow what the docs say, share your pain with a trusted friend and good luck during your healing 😊

• Posted

Thanks so much for the advice! I'm very fourtunate that this is the worst thing i've ever had to go through, I know many people have it way worse so I continue to think about that to keep me happy. When you had your abcess did they pack it? Tomorrow morning I'm going to get the packing they put inside removed and replaced and I heard that it's very painful! My aniexty is starting to take over and i'm getting very nervous about getting it removed and repacked! My psychiatrist prescribed me a sedative to relieve my nerves but I'm still very nervous!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.