Country

Posted , 2 users are following.

Just the best suggestion for this forum. State our country so we can put together all the knowledge from each country. This suggestion came from one of our forum members. 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I generally use different forums.

I use Patient UK generally for UK advice and support, give and receive, and generally UK experience and knowledge of UK medical system is what I will post here.

If I was living in the US for instance I would go to the US support forums for this sort of detail regarding treatments available and health care information.

Canada for Canadian treatments available, Australia for Australian etc etc.

But whenever I am on a forum that is not UK (my country of residence) I often state that 'in the UK it is recommended....." etc.  unless what I am referring to generally applies to all countries.

Perhaps if those not living in UK said the country they live in when posting on Patient UK it would give all posters the opportunity to relate or disregard if they can offer help and support when the query relates specifically to help and support available to them in their own country.

I personally don't think people living in UK using Patient UK need to say they are living in UK.

But no doubt others will have a different opinion.

• Posted

Goodmorning Vee. This suggestion was posted here. I have just been diagnosed. It's all new to me. I just felt it was a good idea for the knowledge. I have not as yet sea he'd other forums I will however Google a forum in Canada just to see what we have here. It's been overwhelming trying to deal with oxygen and all. This forum has helped greatly. Makes me feel I am not alone. I guess at this point I should consider myself lucky because I am only using oxygen basically when I am excercising. Thankyou for your input.

• Posted

In addition, no one is insisting they ID the country they are living in, but of course it would be helpful when posting on Patient UK to say where they are living if they are not living in UK.

Just to avoid confusion and for that person to get a more relative reply to their query for the situation that exists in their own country.

After all it would pointless for any UK member to explain the workings of UK medical system and the sort of procedures patients go through here to someone who is living in the US, India, Canada or Australia. Its different.

So in the end its down to those who post, if they will post the country they reside, should they be living outside UK and if any one will wish to answer them if they haven't identified that.

• Posted

I live in Lakewood, Colorado, USA  Lived here for 75 years and would not want to live anywhere else!!  smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.