Looking for success stories... How long until you came out the other side?

Posted , 6 users are following.

It seems most posts on here are about worsening depression or unmanageable side effects... which makes sense because people wouldn't be searching around forums if everything was great. 

But it would be helpful to hear stories of if Sertraline as helped anyone, and what the process was to get there. Is it anxiety/depession worse for everyone during ramp up, then everything was better at 100mg? If so, how long after being at 100-150 did it work?

My concern is that the body of evidence here shows that people feel terrible/worse at 25->100 and never get better and maybe if it doesn't work at 50 it will never work. Thanks in advance

MJ

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

I think it does work at 50 mg or 75mg even 25mg for some depends on how low ur seratonin is? I was fine on 50 for yrs
    • Posted

Hi Weenett,

Are you still on 50mg? Can you remember how long it took to work for you?

Clare xx

• Posted

Took abt 3 weeks to kick in i think ive just upped to 75mg 4 days ago after some stress an my anxiety flared up again how long have u been on 50mg?
    • Posted

I've been on 50mg for 3 weeks 2 days.

Have you been on sertraline before? Have you had the side effects again since Increase?

• Posted

Not really well its hard to know really wats anxiety and wats sertraline ive had diareaha and loss of appitite but think thats the anxiety
    • Posted

R u seeing any improvements yet? Yes i was on it yr ago to
    • Posted

Today has been very slightly better (almost scared to say that) certainly not myself but a bit better than yesterday. I did have a couple of good days in the first week though and then went downhill so scared it might happen again.

Is it just anxiety you get or depression as well?

Clare xx

• Posted

Mainly anxiety but i get a bit down when the anxiety flares up what dose u on? I think it took me a while feel ok it comes in minutes then hrs then days u forget u were even anxious
    • Posted

I'm suffering more with depression but some anxiety. It's just awful.

I'm on 50mg and started on 29th December.

How's your sleep?

Clare xx

• Posted

My sleep is crap waking really early with anxiety
  • Posted

I am taking for anxiety, after 10 days the side effects waned and the sun is now shining! I'm only on 25 mg but I feel NOTICABLY BETTER! I've heard it's all uphill from here!!!

Good luck, stick with it-- it worked for me!

• Posted

I have been taking Sertraline for almost 14 years.  I tried Lexapro and Celexa before and both of them just made me feel tired and out of it.  Sertraline makes me feel normal.  Right now I am taking 200 mg.  Usually I take 150 but lately I've been going through some stuff and just needed a little more help.  The only negative thing I have to say about it is that it is very hard to have an orgasim during sex.  But I don't want to risk switching to something else because it works so well for my depression.  I have struggled with depression most of my life and  feeling like a normal person is worth any price.  Though if anybody has any tips on how to help with that side effect, please share.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.