New solution to your belpharitis

Posted , 7 users are following.

I would like to share my latest discovery for control of Blepharitis

When the facial wipes that I had been using with great success vanished from store shelves, I immediately began to search for a new control system. 

I have been reading everything on these message boards and over the last few months, I have tried many of the suggestions found here. Twice during that time, I ended up on antibiotics with a chalazion (which I never had before).

Because I had mild success with a drop of Tea Tree Oil in my facial cleanser, I decided to experiment further and ...... 

Here is what now works perfectly for me. It just might work for you too.

*In 1\4 cup of warm water (pre-boiled) add 10 drops of 100% pure tea tree oil. I use cotton rounds to dip into the solution. With them slightly dripping, I bathe my eyelids for at least 30 seconds. I do not rinse, I only dab the excess dripping water with a tissue. If you try this, your eyes will not burn, they will just feel cool and comfortable. It will stop any itching. A quarter cup is sufficient for two days. I do this 4 times a day with really good success. It should be warm or room temperature. It's inexpensive, natural and soothing. When I was trying everything, the skin around my eyes was terribly dry, red and very irritated but now I look and feel normal and I am happy again smile

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Thanks for sharing what sou da like a very promising treatment forost of us here. I am just getti g off doxy myself and had to use an eczama ointment to get rid of the e,tremely dry skin that ensued from my latezt, and worst, breakout yet.

I had to use AzaSite for three weeks, doxy for thirty days. Now I use the single drop of tto in a squirt of baby shampoo mmorning and night, with a midday Occusoft eye scrub...and five m i utes of my warm eyemask. Im down to very sporadic use of eye drops and no use of lacrilube. But the moment this routine starts to not work for me, I will try yours.

Thanks again.

Agnez

• Posted

Dear Lyse,

How kind of you!!! I will definitely try your routine. Can't imagine how you do it 4times a day. But I will follow your gracious advice.

• Posted

My hope is that I will be able to reduce to 3 times a day at some point, but for now it works for me. I hope that others will have success with it too.
  • Posted

Thank you for your measurements and exactness.  That helps when trying something new.  I will surely try it.

• Posted

Dear Lyse,

I tried Wet Ones and expensive Cliradex. Both of them smell of Chlorox and give me 

slight but very unpleasant burn. I will switch to your routine.

Thank you

• Posted

Thank you for sharing the info. I will definitely try your suggestion tonight. My left eye has been itchy and red from blepharitis flare-ups. Been using eye lid scrub last few days with not much improvement. It actually makes the eye lid dry and irritated. I am getting frustrated with this annoying condition. Hope the warm water and tea tree oil will help. 
    • Posted

I certainly hope that it will work as well for you as it does for me.
  • Posted

Thank you for your tip about tea tree oil ,I'm going to try this . I have tried the baby shampoo, bicarbonate,,wipes from my optician, warm eye pad but nothing seems to be working . Fingers crossed this might work for me. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.