pip

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi therethis is my first time on here.I already claim pip for a disability I get the standard rate of daily component.I have told pip about a change of circumstance as my condition has worsened and I have another health problem. Could anyone tell me what the pip process is on this please. 

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi, they will send you either a PIP review form or a full "how your disability affects you form" like the first time you applied. I think it maybe a review form. These forms are different and you tick boxes to answer the questions. Whether you've stayed the same, got worse, or better. If you're worse then don't just tick the box give full resons why you're worse. Then gather your evidence and send it with the form. Make you you send copies only and not originals. You'll more than likely need another assessment. Be aware though because your award could either stay the same, increased or even lose everything completey.

• Posted

Hi I did the same as you and informed them that my condition had worsened and had to go through the whole thing as if from start, and had a face to face medical, I was kept on the same amounts, but instead of getting a yearly/bi-yearly medical, I was awarded pip till 2021. That at least took the stress off, but I thought I would have got the higher rate as my condition has really got worse in the last 3 years. But it wasnt to be. sad

• Posted

Well I had large increase in morphine and it was knocking me about plus my neck was getting worse now I hardly ever venture out house so I told pip after telling them filling in forms me myself ended up with the same stress for nothing
    • Posted

Yes it doesn't always pay to report worsening conditions. My condition got worse about 8 months before i review. I chose not to tell them as was scared i would lose what i had, even though i was just 2 points off Enhanced mobility. At my review i told them i'd got worse. Sent off evidence to support it. Had another assessment and was award Enhanced mobilty with Daily living staying the same (standard)

• Posted

I was actually told by Money Matters NOT to tell them that things were getting worse! Seemingly there are so many people losing what they have already sad

• Posted

Hi thank you for that,I informed them as I also have  another health problem for which I had an operation for.The first claim I made to pip was last year for an operation I had which left me with a disability  after getting an infection causing limited use of my hand which as now left me with nerve damage that was only diagnosed a little while ago.The second op was for arthritis in my leg.So I felt Ineeded to tell them about both health problems.So do you know how they deal with this once they get the review form.

• Posted

Yes, they deal with it the same way they did the first time you applied. They will look at all your evidence and decided whether a face to face assessment is needed. High channces you'll be called for this. Once you've had your assessment and the report is sent back to DWP a decision maker will make a decision and you'll be sent a letter telling you what it is. There' no difference in a review to first time applying. The only different would be the form they send you.

• Posted

I totally agree with you. Not worth the risk or stress! Stay as you are until your review time is my advice to anyone.
    • Posted

Hi the form I filled out a couple of weeks ago was the same as the one I filled out last year when  I first applied for pip 40 pages of them.
    • Posted

I see i just assumed it would be the same as the PIP review form they send out. When your award is up for a review they send you a shorted version of the form. This is what i had for my review in July last year. Well whatever way you look at it the process is exactly the same as the first time you applied.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.