Tired of life

Posted , 6 users are following.

I'm not sure if this is even in the right category, I've never considered my self to be depress but I just don't really care to keep going any more. My life is pretty much boiled down to going to work, coming home and then killing time until I go back. I'm 24 with no close relationships or friends to speak of...I try to be social with people and generally have to interact as part of my job but I've never been able to really get close to people. I don't avoid hanging out with my co-workers and generally try to agree to whatever they invite me to, however rarely, even when I don't really want to. This isn't a "Help, I'm thinking of suicide!" post but I just don't even care to get out of bed anymore and figured posting something like couldn't hurt.

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I will take it you live in the UK

If you are feeling in any danger of taking your life phone up NHS HELPLINE on Tel111, explain your fears they will triage and arrange some form of help and intervention.

At least go see your GP and explain you are Depressed and feel suicidle, He wil arrange a treatment Plan to help your negative mood

It is sad you do not have friends out of work and even there they are work colleques/

What you need to do is find an interest, generally you may find someone who has the same interests, that is how friendships an be made. You can also try Dating Agencies, they do work and I used one thirty years ago. They do work.

BOB

• Posted

Hi,

What are your hobbies? Instead of killing time when you're at home, why not follow that interest you've always had but not really got down to? There are lots of ways to make your alone-time meaningful and fruitful. Also, you can usually share a hobby with others, either by getting out to local club or online. That's a great way to make new friends and feel part of something.

• Posted

suicide is so final,i know a woman who just hung herself she was the same age as me,and her 2 kids found her,what a sight it must of been for them and the effect it will have now on there lives is just not worth thinking about as it will be bad,lifes hard i get it,we dont know whats comming or going,its very repetable as in its the same day in day out,but thats what we have to do,join a dating site,get a hobby,book a holiday,go camping,change the norm,get a dog,make life different and eventualy u will like life again,not saying it will be easy and you will have down times but keep on fighting the fight,if you need to chat message me as i wll listen
  • Posted

Sounds like you are somewhat depressed especially if you don't find any purpose.At different points in our life,we question tge,meaning if it,all and why we are here,and if we make a difference.

Some people interact with others and may not get that cloae.I wouldn't get hung up on that but it's important to find something or someone to put your energy towards as you are important.Find your passion and push towards it.Remember you are important and you just need to find a reason to keep pushing forward.Dont let it get worse.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.