Skeptical...

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello. I lost my virginity to and have been having sex with 1 man for the past like 2 years. I've only ever gotten yeast infections and BV twice before but about a month ago I had a herpes outbreak and got a small cold sore on my lip. The "lessions" didn't look like a lot of pictures I looked up and I searched for hours, trust me.. but then after like 5 days they looked more like what I was afraid of so I decided to go to planned parenthood. They didn't tell me straight that I had herpes, but I already knew at that point. So I took the antibiotics they gave me for 5 days and it healed up and I got a lot better. But now I believe it's resurfacing and I started thinking.. if I've been having sex with this one person for almost or alittle over 2 years.. why haven't I gotten this sooner?? Why now? I think I'm being a bit paranoid because we haven't been on the best of terms recently but idk.. It all seems weird to me how I never contracted it for this long. What do you guys think? Can it take this long to contract it?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I forgot to mention.. he wasn't aware he had it, he's never had symptoms or anything. His mom is the same way because she also has it and hasn't had symptoms or anything for a lot of years.

• Posted

Yes, herpes is like Russian roulette, but with much better odds. It can take months or years to get from a partner, sometimes never, and sometimes after just one time.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.