Not feeling right after doesage change.

Posted , 2 users are following.

My doesage was lowered to 100 Mcg. I haven't felt right since a couple of days after I started taking the new dose. Depressed, nervous, sweating excessively, shaking, increased appetite among many others. Would these things be from my levels not being correct, that quickly?

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Brtr, what was your previous dose? How long were you on the previous dose before lowering? It's important to consider how much you've lowered it, as large shifts in thyroid medications can be horrific on the body.

• Posted

I was on 112mcg for 4 wks. I started out at 150mcg when my thyroid was removed and it has been lowered with each monthly blood test. I felt great on the higher doseage.
    • Posted

You have to go by how you feel, along with blood work. I caution you though, that it takes a full three months for the meds to level out, so adjusting is difficult and should only be done if an obvious adjustment is needed.

Also, during the removal of the thyroid gland, you tend to get large quantities of residual thyroxin released into the system. So they usually start people on a low dose following surgery, and increase it gradually.

Are you working with an endocrinologist? Dosing is extremely difficult and I've only ever had one Endo that could get it right for me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.