4 weeks post TKR

Posted , 6 users are following.

I had both knees replaced less than 4 weeks ago. I have good days then a rotten one. I am totally off the pain meds. I go back to work in 2 weeks. I'm a self employeed florist with no design helpers. Yikes! One knee feels perfect, one hurts on the outside and right next to my knee cap. I go to PT 3 times a week and in between try to do some normal living activites, housework, shop etc. Any tips on continued improvement?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Ice and elevate several times a day. Be sure to do your home exercises the day la you aren't at PT. It takes up to a year to heal. Good luck!

• Posted

I just want to say I think you are incredibly strong and amazing to have taken on both knees at the same time! I returned to work at 6 weeks (that was last week - tomorrow I am 7 weeks post-op on my left TKR). I decided to abbreviate my work day and went in at noon. I am an elementary school principal. I use the morning for my yoga practice and time on my treadmill and stationary bike. We also have a hot tub that has been extremely helpful-a warm bath would do the same. I planned every aspect of my day and made every attempt to leave work "on time". I also ice my knee halfway through the day if it needs it. Listening to your body is critical! Good luck! Remember to take it slow!!!

• Posted

It is good to hear of people doing so well this early. I don't wish this surgery on anyone. I am 5 weeks, cannot sit more than 5 min, on 4 hourly narcotics and therapist says I have a long way to go before I can graduate to a cane. Good for both of you!! I am happy for those that do well and try to be positive.

• Posted

Good luck to you

However rest, ice, hot baths and elevation.

Hope you are ok to go back to work so early.

Good healing

• Posted

Gosh you were brave to have them both done.  I'm self employed so can relate to your need to go back.  Try and sit at work as much as you can.  Take some ice or instant cold packs in with you.  Stretch whenever you can.  Take care of yourself my very best wishes to you for continued healing.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.