Please help me about iron supplement

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everybody i am 25 male i need help i want to up my ferritin level. My ferritin level is 41 while normal range is 30 to 250. I started 14mg elementel iron 1 week before and i want to know that how much time i have ti take this supplement to boost my ferritin around 100 to 150. I dont have any problem with absoption. Thank you all so much.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

In the US he ferritin level as well as VIT B12 are much hightrer being approx 1100.
    • Posted

Here in eu i dont knw. Pharmacist said that its a good quelity iron suppelment and also after takinh them for 2 week i feel bit good because my hair are gettinh stronger again and thiker. And i just wana knw that how after taking hiw much my ferritin will go up around 150.thnxx jane
    • Posted

Probably will rise in another 1 to 2 weeks. Vit B12 needs boosting as well.
    • Posted

Yeh i am also taking multivitamin which have vit b12. Thnxx alot jane
  • Posted

I would advise looking up the British Haematological Guidelines on appropriate values of anything to do with bolood disorders such as anaemia. Also�the Pernicious anaemia society� have lots of accurate information on anaemia and the prevention of complications due to undiagnosed Vitamin B12 deficiency.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.