Day 4...

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm on Day 4 of 20 mg of cipralex. I'm having food cravings, which I attribute to depression, and breif moments of happiness and warmth.

I'm wondering, how long will this take to actually work? the side effects are extreme demotivation, inability to concentrate, I feel physical sick, and physically cold.

I want to see it through before decided it's not the right one for me, so is 3 weeks enough time?

Also, can anyone else share their experience of "Adapting" to this medication? 

Thanks in advance ^^

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Im on day 12 of 20mg Celexa. 7 days before that on 10mg . Yes I to have food cravings esp carbs! I think Iv gained 5lbs. Big no no for me. Bad back. I did wt 123 (5'3). Anxiety does increase at each dosage increase for couple wks. I have Klonapine (anti-anxiety ) to take as needed. Not much motivation yet either but hoping. I take mine at night now. Some half it an take am/pm. I may go to mornings. I dont know. Kinda feeling depersonalization rt now. Hope that leaves. This is med #7 for me!!! God bless fr Tx, USA Go Trump!!

• Posted

Hi, It's still really early days for you so be patient.  I felt really bad on my first week of taking 20 mg Cit.  Second week felt a bit better - still getting some side effects like feeling sick, hot sweats, feeling anxious and distant but I'm now on week 5 and starting to slowly feel better.  It's a slow process but I'm starting to feel like I'm getting back to my old self.  Good luck and give the medicine chance to work (doctor said 4-6 weeks)

• Posted

I'm on week 5 too and fingers crossed noticing a difference, feeling calmer today but unmotivated, I remember this feeling from last time I went on them and then it was the beginning of recovery!

• Posted

Well now Im on 18 days at 20. With 7 before that on 10mg. Things have chged a little. Last 3 days Iv felt like actually doing something around the house an getting out an doing things. Still feeling tired off an on. But push thru. It has made me feel better that I actually washed our clothes (husband and 2 teen sons) or fixed a good supper or cleaned stuff like that. Not getting so mad either. Not so gloomy. Comes an goes. But before I didn't want to do a thing or care. An easily angered or cry. Now a little non- chalet(sp?). That's a big one for me. I major OVER worry EVERYTHING. Esp health an dying. Like my elderly parent's dying an trying to "worry" them to live, etc...I have Klonapine to, an take sometimes Unisome, half tab, to sleep. Sometimes I still get anxiety an will take half 0.5mg Klonapine. Makes me groggy a little. Im under extreme stress rt now so for me to be acti g like this, it must be starting to work. Im sticking it out at for 6-7 wks. Exercise to. Omega 3,6,9 ( not Krill), magnesium and D3. Thats what Im doin.

Goodluck

• Posted

Ya know I put alot of time texting my responses on here an hardly ever get a acknowledgement that I even replied! Not just on this one, Citolopram but others like Duloxetin etc...offering my experiences. Talk about a downer. Guess I wont reply anymore or just get off. Whats the purpose.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.