Is this a migraine?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been told I have migraines, but never a headache. Maybe 2x a year I will have an ocular migraine lasting about 20 minutes but then again never a headache.

This is what I experience.

First I will have a quick dizzy thing that lasts a second. Then my face fills with pressure, across my cheeks up to my eyes and even eyebrows. My left ear plugs and I have to continually hold my nose to pop the pressure in my left ear. All of this gives me an off balance feeling like being on a boat.

I have this daily. Sometimes all day. If I do not have it all day, then it usually starts about 3pm..........weird

Can anyone relate to this?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I can sorta relate. I get dizzy all the time and my right ear gets bad pressure as well. I get cold pack and heat packs on my head to help with the pressure. Have you noticed that you get them in the morning or around noon? When you have migraines around dawn (when the sun sets or when the sun comes up) You're more sensitive to the shred of the light. Noon is normally worse from what I've heard. Do you get out of work/school at 3pm? I hope this helps even a little bit.

Yona~

• Posted

Thanks for your reply. I will get all this crap either starting abour 8am, or at 3pm. I feel alot to do with weather. I do not get headaches.  Maybe once or twice a year I will get an ocular migraine,BUT no headache. Just the weird cracy eye stuff.

I can not remember the last time I had a headache.

So weird

Do you get migraines?

• Posted

Yes i have migraines. Ive been to hospitals because it was so bad ive been to Phoniex Children Hospital 2 times both combained its 1month & 1week.

Ive been going through this for 4 years so i think i know a little bit

Maybe you get more pressure for 8am-3pm and after it builds up you maybe thats what causes your 3pm migraine. Depending on your location matters a lot to if you live where it rains thats the pressure and worse if its all the time. If you live in the sunnier states its beacuse the sun is always looking back. If you live in both its pretty bad you'll get a migraine from the pressure walk out then theres sun. Maybe you can reserch facts about where you live. I hope this helps

Yona~

• Posted

Well, I live in Toronto, Canada. I do not get migraines. There is no headache,just all the other weird stuff.  Pressure is really bad in my face from eyebrows doen to my cheeks. I do believe weather is related. When It is cloudy and goes to clear blue skies, it is the worst.  Today it went from very cloudy to a very windy sunny day where the clouds were moving very fast, and it is killing me.  Barametric pressure at 99.9
    • Posted

Thats pretty hard dont pop pills to much because your body will get used to it. Sorry but all i can say is use heat packs and cold packs on the back  of your neck and on your forehead. It has stuff to do with the nerves that are there and how they affect your migraines

Yona~

• Posted

Hi there,

I do not take medicationj for it. Maybe a tylenol twice a month. My previous neurologist wanted me to take topamax, but I refused. Going to a new neurologist but who knows when that appt will be

• Posted

Hello, since you mention you have ear stuffiness, I'm wondering if you could be having Meniere's disease symptoms. Migraine and meniere's seem to be related. Watch your stress levels and sodium intake. Take Ginger if you have nausea. If you have sinus issues, try a neti pot to clear them daily. 

Hope this helps. Feel better and keep us posted. 

• Posted

Thanks Patrica, for your reply Iwill look up Meniere: disease, I am very careful with sodium, but I also suffer with anxiety

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.