Problem periods since Having endremetriosis cauterised!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi

I'm getting a bit concerned, I had my last period 23rd November , I then had the procedure done on 15th December to cauterise cervix because of the problems with endremetriosis!

I thought that my period should have really come and gone by now ! But nothing....

im getting slightly concerned now ! is this normal to be late after having the procedure done ?

TIA

Lisa xxxx

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lisa - Did you have a laproscopic surgery? Any treatments/surgery done to the reproductive bits can delay or confuse your body's clock and, yes, it can interrupt your normal menstrual schedule.

I am not a Dr. or a Nurse -- if you have questions (including this one), do feel free to contact your clinic and ask them...they will know how to direct you or determine if you need to be seen.

Be well.

• Posted

Good morning

Thanks for replying ,

No I didn't have that done , tbh I'm really not sure what I had done ! My understanding I that my cervix was cauterised , I have been having spotting in between periods , painful periods and also bleeding during intercourse ' this has been happening for maybe 2 years since I had some polyps removed from the lining of my cervix 8 years ago ! Then December during intercourse i lost quite alot of blood which was concerning! I rang the my gyny and she internally scanned me and diagnosed me there and them with endremetriosis, and said I needed surgery right away otherwise I would carry on bleeding ! I live in Germany and although my gyny speaks very good English there is still a translation problem sometimes with medical words ! I will give her a call if I haven't had my period in February! I just didn't want to ring her with silly questions! Noing my luck I would come on after Speaking with her 😂!

There is no way I could be pregnant as hubby had vasectomy 10 years ago ! But I am experiencing preg symptoms! I'm very confused right now

Xxxx

• Posted

Hi Lisa

The language barrier explains a lot! I couldn't figure out why you seemed to know so little about your own medical history. So I have 2 suggestions, and I'd use both of them at the same time but you may come up with something far better.

Take a friend along who's fully fluent in both languages but ask the docs to explain everything in both English & German. Failing that, record the visit & play it back later.

The 2d thing is to ask for copies of your records & the doc's notes/summary of each visit. I imagine these will be in German. You could learn a lot of German by sitting down with these papers & a dictionary, or you could have a friend help with translation.

It is vitally important that you know & keep track of your medical history, both what the doctors write & what happens the 99.9% of the time when you're not with medical professionals. You may want to start keeping a medical journal or calendar.

• Posted

Hi Aitarg,

Last year was Just an awful time for me , I had two ops in October on haemorrhoids, I did take a friend of mine to all the appointments but when I went to my gyny in December it was kind of an emergency and i didn't for one second think that I would be operated on the next day! I did receive all the med notes and on them they do say lazor but sometimes it doesn't translate good Lol!

Thanks for your advice and tips , sometimes it's difficult with the language even though I do speak and understand a lot !

Xxxx

• Posted

You have had it rough lately! I think you're pretty brave to face all this stuff in a country that doesn't speak the same language.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.