Blood in urine, no cause found.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi there, I'm 40 years old and for over 5 weeks i have some blood in my urine. Often the urine is a bit darker. After tests at uroligist (urinetest, prostate test, blood test,  cystoscopy and a CT scan absolutely nothing is found, Yet still there is some blood in my urine. Even though my urologist told me there is nothing wrong still i'm a bit worried, I do wonder what is the cause and if it will heal?

Could this be a small prostate inflammation? Even though my prostate is not enlarged and I don't feel any pain?

Or could it be a kidney problem even though the bloodtest, urinetest and ct-scan show no abnormalities?

I hope somebody can give me some advice.

Thx!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Patrick 76577

You've had all the standard tests for this symptom. Glad to hear nothing has been found. For the vast majority of cases where blood is in the urine no cause is ever found. 

Just a couple of thoughts: How much fluid do you drink? Do a lot of sitting or cycling?

• Posted

Thx for the quick and clear reply!

I do drink enough water.

I never cycle, but i'm basicly sitting all day on a chair, (probably too much) mainly office work.

• Posted

Try moving around a bit more frequently as sitting for a long time can irritate. Even setting reminders on phone/ outlook as a reminder can help to make it a habit. 
  • Posted

33 year old female, non smoker and I have also had visible and microscopic blood in my urine. I had a cystoscopy and and a ct and nothing was found. I am still worried about it as well. I feel like I am being blown off by my urologist as well. If I was older and a smoker I feel I'd have more of a work up.

• Posted

Sue 91979

This is very common. It's natural to be concerned but you've had tests and reassuringly nothing found. Keep drinking plenty of fluid

• Posted

I basically have the same thing, 39 years old and i have blood in my urine for over 2 months, sometimes i don't see it sometimes urine is darker. Also I need to go to the toilet very often, usually each hour.

The urologist did all the tests and nothing has been flound except 2 very small cysts on 1 kidney. He said this is harmless.

I'm still worried about the dark urine. And I don't know if it will heal or will get worse in time.

I hope somebody has some experience.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.