Daily headaches for 4 months , IBS and alopecia linked ??? Help please

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello ,

I was wondering if anyone has any knowledge that perhaps alopecia , IBS and daily headaches could possibly be linked ?? I've read all can happen via stress , however I don't think that's the case.

I'm 29 year old male , all of a sudden in the case of a 6 month spell I developed alopecia on my beard , then IBS then suddenly daily headaches , varying from tension pain, to migraines , to clusters to extreme fatigue!!!

I have had an MRI , 2 CT scans and a lumber puncture! All came back clear ??

My blood tests are also fine. platelets were a bit low but still above 100 so they wasn't concerned.

Really hoping someone can think outside the box right now because it's a bit random all these things came out of no where and headaches daily are the worst and literally ruin your whole life as dramatic as that sounds , thanks

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hey read 07908

I definitely understand what you are experiencing. I have been experien information the same thing, except for the alopecia. but the tension headaches and ibs is ruining my life. I have had many scans, blood test etc, but everything comes back normal. I know when I'm stressed it sets these symptoms off.

Stress does alot of things to the body, that can be mistaken for a serious illness or disease. trust me I know about it all to well. I am naturally an anxious person, and little things will stress me out.

by the way, you don't sound dramatic at all.its a horrible feeling to experience symptoms with no cause behind it. if you need to vent I am here. you are not alone

• Posted

Hello charm!

Thanks for the reply...

Glad to know I'm not alone , I feel like I'm going insane because friends , family , work etc just say things like ah you'll be okay get some fresh air , go for long walks , it's like an invisible illness.

I was very active an energetic then sudden wiped out! Body feels like falling apart lol

Serious note do you suffer from daily headaches ? That move around, also some dizziness and when people talk to you , feels like I can't function or absorb what there saying ?

Nice to see how people cope and if and when it gets better ? Cheers X

• Posted

no you are definitely not alone. Sorry for the late response, but I had a sick child this weekend. 

Its easy for people to tell you what to do,But they have no clue what you are going through. I suffer from health anxiety, and the physical symptoms from  it can be debilitating. So bad that I feel like my life is almost over. I try to get through each, but some days is worse than others.

I use to get daily headaches, my headaches felt like someone was squeezing my head, and I would also get head zaps, random head spasms. It was extremely scary. I do get headaches every now and then, and the headaches make me feel nausea, and fear. I hate feeling like this.And yes I do get dizziness quite often. And I experience the same thing when I talk to people. its quite scary. I also feel like I I run out of breath . 

I started finding things to ease my mind a bit. I found interesting tv shows, I also found a Therapist , so that I can began therapy. Have you thought about therapy

How have you been holding up?

• Posted

Hello Reyad,

I'm sorry if my reply is a bit jumbled but I'm in the 10th day of a severe headache which seems like a combination of migraine and cluster and I only came on to check my thread and because the headache is keeping me awake yet again. I'm am not a doctor, I am a first aider with a lit of personal and family experience and I plan to get a medical degree at uni and have always done a lot of research.

Anyway,

the first thing I will say is that this could be hormonal. I'm going to mention everything I can think of because I'm not sure what blood tests you've had and sometimes things go missed.

Secondly, It could be due to stress and I'd bring that up as well as ask for a 24hr urinary cortisol test which is one of the stress hormones and in high levels can cause problems.

Thirdly, it could be (though less likely and far less common) autoimmune.

Alternately, if you remove the alopecia from the equation there are a few other connections that could be drawn but you do also need to prepare yourself for if you can't find answers. I don't say that to try to sound condescending or anything like that, I just know how that feels and it can take a long time to get over, especially the first time around.

If you can please tell me what blood tests you've had, the levels and the labs range for that test. i can see if I can spot anything that hasn't been tested or could be better. I don't know if you can direct/private message on here on not but if you can then my inbox is always open.

Take care

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.