Having the methocholine challenge test

Posted , 4 users are following.

I already now I have copd but my dr wants me to take the test she thinks I may have asthma.  Anyway what should I expect not looking forward to a forced asthma attach with already damaged lungs.  Has anyone had the challenge any pointers on passing?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi pam the test may sound daunting but would the doctors trying to see if you need asthma meds if that is the case they hopefully would help you .

I don't think he/she would put you at risk a change of meds may help you I wish you well. Regards.

• Posted

I have asthma and they catagorize it as having copd I have been told. I just more or less take the same medicine and watch what may trigger a asthma attack and have my rescue inhaler handy if I need it 

• Posted

Hi! I'm new to the site. I don't know anything about that test.i would assume they will have the necessary emergency meds on hand. Be sure to ask lots of questions,like will this test set you off on worse asthma for a while? Good luck.

• Posted

Well had the asthma test today at the hospital,  took only about a half hour of them trying to induce a asthma attack I think I flunked.  Dr and nurses were nearby just in case.  Thank goodness they were not needed.  8 puffs of salbutamol and he sent me on my way.  My chest is still sore and tight hope this feeling goes away in the morning.  Well I will know if I have asthma and how bad in a few weeks.
    • Posted

Well the test results came back for asthma and I am happy to say I aced the test and don't have it.  I still have copd and a daunting sinus infection bur my new dr has returned me to an ent and hopefully when that clears up my chest pain will to.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.