itching

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi all newish symptom please help I have an itch all across my left breast underarm & onto my right shoulder blade it is so itchy that I want to scratch my skin off it also feels like bad sunburn I cant stand it being touched but have to scratch it sometimes have pains shooting through it does anyone else experience this as it is a new one to me

Thanks n hugs

Debbie

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi Debbie,

Ya I also get an awful irritating itch. I mainly suffer this at night time, GP said it's all to do with the nerve damage

They prescribed an e45, cream for itchy skin. Didn't work as it's what's happening underneath the skin and not on the surface

Don't know above you but I also bruise for no apparent reason aswell.

Gentle hugs to you Debbie

X

• Posted

Thanks Mandy yes I bruise so easily n for no reason the itching is so annoying but just another thing to add to the long list x

Gentle hugs x

• Posted

Have you had this before Debbie? It may be an allergy as well. Something you are eating or something new in washing product? Have you ever had shingles? That could cause itching in the area as well. Check with your doctor Debbie to put your mind at ease. Boy we sure can get some weird reactions heh?! All the best girl! Maggie xx
    • Posted

Ya it is awful Debbie. I've just remembered that I also use Epson salts in my bath. Helps also if you have dry skin. I don't know whether you have a home and bargain shop in your area but they sell it for a few pounds.

Hope this helps

X

• Posted

Thanks magpie2me I haven't changed washing powder or eaten anything different as am careful with these things i have had the sunburn feeling b4 but not the itching I thought about shingles but don't have a rash going to phone go 2moz for appointment to have it checked as driving me crazy

Gentle hugs x

• Posted

I sympathize! I am 65 and have so darn many symptoms that I can't count that high! I have noticed that I will often wake up and just be itching all over. I never seem to have a rash and it's one of those symptoms that comes and goes. I take quite a bit of otc benadryl. It works for me as I can tke it on an as needed basis. I never know anymore whether my weird symptoms are due to the fibro or old age! I have a new ache or pain every day that may go away or may become part of my life. I had a mild rash on just the top of my feet a few weeks ago. Didn't itch, or hurt had no new soap or anything. I had a dr. appt for a checkup coming up and thought I would mention it. Of course it had disappeared by then and something else had taken it's place, I'm sure! He is very nice and just shakes his head and says the complexity of the human body is mind boggling!

• Posted

Hi Debbie and others; Yes to the "itching and feeling of being sunburnt".   many of us have had this/these symptoms, so not something that is secondary to "washing powders/anything else" usually.  This symptom can drive me crazy, too, and usually at night as well (can keep me awake if I don't recognize it early enough).  I take an OTC anti-histamine, and one that does not make me drowsy, as there is enough other meds that do that for us.  Ask your pharmacist for a "non-drowsy anti-histamine tablet" and if they ask for your symptoms, tell them "you have an auto-immune condition", and Most will understand completely, with no other questions asked.

?As for the sunburnt feeling, this is my main and original symptom....and my reason for takng Amitriptylline, as it is the Only med/therapy that relieves this very painful symptom.  I get it Everywhere there is muscle (even my cheeks), and Much worse in summer with the extreme heat.       Hope this helps you?     Bron

• Posted

Hi Debbie, I dont know how old you are, I am 56 and in menopause and I am itchy ALLLL  the time especially my breast. I have fibro too, I take benadryl when it gets too bad and I just read where apple cider vinegar in the bath works well

• Posted

Hi all,

I also get terribly itchy skin, I developed red spots

On all over body, but my arms got the worst and they've all scarred. Dermatologist said it's more than likely all the meds I'm on. I'm also going through menopause, I'm 46. I sweat something chronic,all day and all night.

Not nice for us is it!!!

😥 X

• Posted

Go see a dermatologist..but also try anti-histamines and FRESH CUT PINEAPPLE!!!  Especially if you have fibro!!!  Give it 48 hours for those enzymes to work into your muscles!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.