ENDOSCOPY SEDATION NO THROAT SPRAY WHAT IS IT LIKE

Posted , 2 users are following.

Can anyone tell me their experiences having an endoscopy with sedation but NO throat spray and do you remember the procedure. 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I didn't have any spray at all or the stuff they have you gargle with. It was fine as long as they keep you out. I did start to wake up and they gave me some more medicine so they could finish.

• Posted

thank you for your response.  Did you remember swallowing the scope or any other part of it - i just hope they give me enough so I dont remember any of it. 
    • Posted

No, I don't remember swallowing the scope. Luckily I was sedated good enough. If you have a problem with it just make the doctor stop.

• Posted

Hiya 

i had mine done this afternoon and had the max sedation but apparently they had to stop as I was pulling out the scope - they did all the way to the stomach but couldnt get to the duodenum becase of it.  I am horrified as like you I dont remember a thing about it and was feeling very pleased with myself that I managed to get through it and then I was told this! Oh dear.   

• Posted

I did the same thing, but I do remember coming to and the nurse saying no, don't do that and they gave me more. So it happens. Like me you may need to be put out in the hospital next time.

• Posted

Glad it wasn't just me.  Did they manage to scope all your 'bits' as I wish they had scoped my duodenum as they were down there anyway doesnt make sense to me surely it would have been possible - oh well, just hope there isn't a next time - they didnt elaborate on what went on I was just told by the Nurse who discharged me that that was what I did and it was written on my report that  I didn't tolerate it very well even though I was at maximum titrate.  Would be great to see a video of what went on and how I reacted.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.