Mental health

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi had big argument with spouse , a lot of mean things were exchanged . All of a sudden it sounded like crap my father used to tell me , I'd never be any good at anything , no one would care or love me .. I e been crying since , I'm bipolar rapid cycled / depression . I've had moments but all in all I'm pretty stable . I wonder what's going on ?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I don't know who the root of the problem is here in this relationship nor do I know the history of the relationship. If there are arguments all the time or just occassionally (which is normal and nothing to do with bipolar).

However, it is very common I hear for bipolar and borderline personalities to have good relationships because of the constant mood issues.

• Posted

I meant to say common for us to NOT have good relationships and that is not only with significant others but family members, friends...co workers...etc.
  • Posted

Hello Azbella, I too am a rapid cycling BP.  I have several triggers that bring on manic states.  These triggers for me include stress, food, and sleep.  Some people even get affected by the moon.  Everyone is different and learning these triggers and taking the right medication is the best way to level things out  and to feel like you are in more control.  I picked up a copy of the bipolar diet online and it had a lot of good information.  When I get manic I can sometimes get grumpy and take it out on loved ones too.  Its hard to deal with I try to explain while I am feeling healthy what I can sometimes feel so my family has an understanding.  I get not only a emotional reaction to my mania but I also get physical reactions like increased heart rate and blood pressure.  Take care of your self and don't beat yourself up.  Dave

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.