Current Bartholyn Cyst

Posted , 4 users are following.

So, this is like my 5th cyst on the left gland. I hate it! sad

Anyone can recommend home remedies? I've visited many doctor but they don't seem to help. They always prescribed antibiotics but they do nothing, I've had drained them before but it always comes back. I don't have the proper insurance that would cover marsupialization, but I heard that it doesn't always help. 

I am open to try anything to get rid of it!

Please help.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I'm so sorry to hear that! I had the cysts on and off for years and it was so annoying. The only thing that worked for me in the end was getting the glands removed. But yeah, it was expensive. Luckily my insurance was able to pay for a large chunk of it. I really hope you figure something out -- I totally know what you're going through. Keep trying different doctors, too. I went to a few that were totally unhelpful and finally found a gyno who actually seemed to care and wanted to find a solution to the problem. 

• Posted

Hi Maggie, how long ago did you get your gland removed? How was it? Painful? How long to recover? I'm sorry about all the questions I am just tired of going thru the cutting and draining. Once I start to feel better I get so happy when all of a sudden I feel it coming back. I hate this! Help!

• Posted

Hi Isabel, I'm on my 6th one. I freaken hate it. The doctor I spoke to (man) told me he wouldn't suggest the gland removal because it's a bloody surgery. Then I spoke to my women doctor and she pretty much understands what I'm going thru and she once again referred me to the same doctor because she doesn't do the surgeries anymore. But I've read so much I'm so scared. This last time I went to the ER to get it drained they put packing inside the opening and I never want to go thru that again. I went back to get the packing removed and it was excruciating pain like no other. I'm always getting antibiotics but it comes back. The catheter wouldn't stay when the man doctor tried it and that was a relieve. I'm still recovering from January 23th when I had this one drained. I've been sitting in hot bath as hot as I can have but I have to squeeze the stuff out it's disgusting. I'm going to ask for the excision because this is it my life has been messed up. I can't exercise because I'm afraid it won't heal from the cut. Try sitting in the warmest water you can and what I do when I get in as I'm sitting there I sprinkle table salt. That helps my cyst go down and I also add vinegar. Just a drop. Sometimes I pour white vinegar and then I'll pour the Apple vinegar. Sorry to hear you got this crap I'm fed up. I feel like unless I remove the gland this is a forever thing. Let me know if anything worked for you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.