Tibolone/Livial anybody ?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi .Just started taking livial 2.5mg. Been on it for a month.No anxiety but fuzzy head, lack of motivation,no interest .Feel like I have worse hangover when I wake up even though I haven't drank the night before. Felt different on a few days like  more energy and interest no tiredness but this goes within a day or two and goes back to feeling naff!! Similar to bad pmt.! Iam in surgical menopause. Anxiety has settled with it tho but just feel flat and headachy.Anybody else have experience of Livial??

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Today I've just finished my first month

I too have no ovaries, they shrivelled and vanished after hysterectomy

I get the hangover feeling each morning and can't get to sleep until about 2am, reading stories this is all normal and should settle by month 3

• Posted

Sound similar with the hangover effect.Will give it more time and let's see.

• Posted

Hi Jan

I been on livial now 6 months 2.5mg in the 1st few weeks I had dizzy spells and next day was feeling like I'd had a good night on the booze when I hadn't then all of a sudden that stopped sweats stopped then after about 3 months into the Meds everything returned the hot sweats the feeling crap and tired so kept on with it for another month just to see if it started working again I changed the time I took it from morning to an evening still no joy so I went to my local Dr's and he gave me citalopram as couldn't change my hrt as my gynaecologyist put me on livial so up to now I'm OK but every day is different I'm now just waiting on an appointment to see gynaecologyist x

• Posted

Hi Shirley

Do you regret going on livial ?

Has it cured any symptoms?

• Posted

Hi bustersmum

To be fair the gynaecologyist put me on livial because I was still bleeding and at my age I should not as I was without periods for 18 months then bleeding started so had lots of tests done down below and all came back ok so he decided to put me on livial now it did stop the bleeding but unfortunately the other stuff like hot sweats stayed with me I get burning sensationS in my legs starts at my knees and work it's way up my body on an evening startS about 8.30 pm so it's not doing much so my Dr decided to try me on CITALOPRAM to run along side of livial but only been on them 2/3 weeks so until I see my gynaecologyist I'm at a stand still x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.