Severe cough

Posted , 2 users are following.

Whenever sugar level increases and reaches to some extent cough starts. I am not diabetic. I found this through experience. Only azythromycin 500 for 3 days solves my problem. But till then I suffer lot of discomfort. No physician could solve my problem as they are not interested to slaughter golden egg laying hen. I revealed this to a general practitioner and vow. He prescribed me montilucast 10 mg for a month. I started drinking ice chilled water which I could not for years. I take the medicine for a month every six months.

Now , I want to know what are the basic parameters. Since I am not a diabetic how and where sugar attacks. Is there a permanent solution to this ?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi ,I'm on montelukast ive been on it now for 3 months and I believe it will be all year round for me ,but I'm now trying taking it in the mornings instead of at night as I was having trouble sleeping ,,,,,,,now then as for the sugar problem ? I am not a big lover of sweets or toffees ,,,I'm more of a chocolate person ,but  one of my hubby's Christmas gifts was a jar of boiled sweets ,I put some in a dish on the coffee table ,,,,,too close to me I'm afraid ,,,and once you have one you want another and another etc etc ,,,,but then I did notice that not long after eating them I was coughing ,,and coughing ,,so no more sweets for me ,I hadn't noticed the connection between the sweets and cough until you've pointed it out , , so thankyou ,

• Posted

well, fine, montelukast has nothing to do with sleep. it is only our assumption. feel happy it worked for you. ok
    • Posted

If you read on the leaflet in each put of tablets and read side effects ( which I don't read straight away ) it does say could cause sleeplessness ,,,,and palpitations ,and hyperactivity ,,,,etc etc ,after speaking to my consultant he said to try taking it in a morning ,

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.